At Blastup, we love JS and Ruby on Rails. We usually build our apps using Ruby on Rails and React. Blastup, is also the owner of Reactive. Would you like to know more about Reactive?
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for building data-driven web products. Your primary focus will be development of all back-end logic. Maintaining scalability, high performance and responsiveness for front-end requests will also be part of your domain. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end components built by your teammates into the application, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
The position is located at our Greek offices and will reporting directly to the CEO. You will be working closely with other senior members of the development team as well as have direct communication with clients and co-workers in other countries.
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, reusable, maintainable and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of databases and other storage solutions (SQL, Mongo, Redis, Apache Kafka)
- Integration of user-facing components developed in React with back-end logic
- Identify performance issues and bugs and solve these issues
- Help maintain code quality, best practices, organization and automatization
- Add other responsibilities here that are relevant or specific to your needs
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Strong understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and of design patterns
- Experience with server-side CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, SCSS)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Ability to integrate one ore more data sources and databases into one application
- Knowledge of how to write idiomatic, clean, readable Ruby code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficiency in creating database schemas that accurate model and support business processes
- Knowledge of how to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with code versioning systems
- Familiarity with modern web development tools (npm, yarn, bundler, rake)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
What you will need
- Master and/or Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Positive attitude and work ethic, passionate about the web.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Proof of English Proficiency (for none native speakers).
- A competitive salary based on successful candidate’s experience and skills.
- Social Security.
- Mac workstation
- The opportunity to be part of the multinational SaaS products developed by our company and the decision making process.
- Performance-based bonus scheme